Using Rage to heal to 1, and Frenzy control

Conversations about the rules for Shadow Accord. These can get very technical.
JaggedJackal

Using Rage to heal to 1, and Frenzy control

Post by JaggedJackal » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:30 pm

I think this was in the recent rulings and clarifications doc but it appears to have been deleted.

If a Shifter has Frenzy Control and uses Rage to return to 1 health after reaching 0, do they enter a Frenzy?
Immediately after reaching 0 health, return to 1 health. This will
cause the shifter to enter frenzy.
FRENZY CONTROL (Self)
Cost: 1 energy
Call: “No Effect” to Frenzy, otherwise none.
A character may activate this power to enter frenzy without losing virtue, and may elect a single target they can perceive to be the focus of this frenzy. However, once the target has been incapacitated, they frenzy as normal, attacking any other targets they can perceive. Additionally, they are always immune to frenzy from other sources.
Raynor

Re: Using Rage to heal to 1, and Frenzy control

Post by Raynor » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:47 pm

To my best knowledge no. The only time you are not immune to Frenzy is if your Virtue hit's zero and you become an incurable frothing rage beast.
JaggedJackal

Post by JaggedJackal » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:05 pm

That is my interpretation as well from how it is currently written. Wanted to check the intention though.
Julian
Active Character(s): Robin Ó Meadhra
-Silent Legion Chanteur

Post by Julian » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:35 pm

Frenzy Control does not prevent the frenzy provoked by spending Rage to return to 1 health.

"Other sources" here means "people who are not you", rather than "effects that are not Frenzy Control". We could probably clean up that wording, if there are enough people who are confused by it.
~Hope will never be silent.~