Fomori and Disable

Conversations about the rules for Shadow Accord. These can get very technical.
KieranGS

Fomori and Disable

Post by KieranGS » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:01 am

So I asked a member of Rules Team, this but I wanted to be 100% certain and verify that this is everyone.

When a Fomori is hit with Disable, they cannot expend energy. But Fomori do not use energy for their powers, they use Health, Willpower and/or Virtue. Does Disable prevent Fomori from accessing any of these powers like it would for anyone else or does that fact exclude them from such?
Gaiazarus
Active Character(s): Dr. Peri (and the Sunshine Band)

Re: Fomori and Disable

Post by Gaiazarus » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:01 pm

It's to my understanding that a Fomori's energy type doesn't change, meaning that the alternative cost for powers in the Fomori trees do not use 'Energy' of any sort; and since Disable only disallows the use of Energy I think using Fomori powers are still allowed according to the rules (As for that being intended, I'm not sure but that would be a cool little bonus for them to have as enemy types).

I'm not a part of the rules committee though, so take my word with a grain of salt.
Julian
Active Character(s): Robin Ó Meadhra
-Silent Legion Chanteur

Re: Fomori and Disable

Post by Julian » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:31 pm

Disable does block a Fomori from spending Health/Willpower/Virtue to activate powers.

Disable prevents you from spending energy. Those resources are not themselves energy, but they are spent as energy for the purpose of power activation.
Rulebook p.24 wrote:Fomori must use health, virtue, or willpower as energy for their fomori powers.
Nice catch, though! The alternate interpretation is also reasonable, but ultimately this one results in fewer wonky exceptions.
~Hope will never be silent.~