Head of Rules Introduction and Rules Team Application

Out of Game discussion for the Shadow Accord community
Sheakhan

Head of Rules Introduction and Rules Team Application

Post by Sheakhan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:03 am

Good Evening Shadow Accordions,

I’d like to take a second to introduce myself as your new Head of Rules!

Before I get into it, a huge thank you to the current rules team Maggie and Ray for their work the past couple of years, and huge thanks to the XO’s for somehow finding the time in between all of their other duties to review applications, hold interviews, and diligently work on filling the position, and for giving me this opportunity.

I want to start by addressing some personal concerns. I am aware that, over my time in this community, I have not always handled myself in public discourse with grace or humility. I acknowledge that at times I have communicated in harmful or overly aggressive ways and I apologize. That was unprofessional, uncalled for, and irresponsible. I want to welcome anyone who has had unpleasant interactions with me in the past to communicate that with me so I can apologize directly if you’re so inclined, and I want to state now and publicly that I understand these things are not conducive to public interaction or to the effective performance of my duties as a Head of Staff. These behaviors will change, right now. I appreciate your patience and trust going forward.

Now on to business! First and foremost, rules team is nothing without staff. To that end, I am opening up applications immediately. I am looking to fill 3-5 positions as quickly as possible and so I will be leaving the submission for applications open for two weeks from today. I will take a week to review applications and arrange interviews and expect to have a team assembled within a month from now.

These applications are open to current rules team members who wish to stay on, prior rules team members, and anyone else not currently holding a staff position.

My objective for my tenure as HoR is to evaluate the current rules environment, communicate transparently with the community via posts, feedback forms, and open interaction regarding potential changes/additions/removals. I love this game and I want to work together with my fellow players to fine tune it, work out the kinks, and refine what we already have come to love and enjoy.

If you have any rules questions, concerns, or comments I urge you to submit them via feedback forms as they are posted. These forms will pertain to various issues and subjects and will remain open indefinitely, to be used to gather player opinion and insight for future rules team endeavors.

If you have important questions, concerns, or comments or ones too urgent to hold on to, please don’t hesitate to submit them via email with the Subject: Rules <Question/Comment/Concern> or contact me via facebook message or PM on the forums, my forum handle is Sheakhan.

I will endeavor to respond to emails and messages as quickly as possible and in the order received, though until I have additional team members to assist in fielding correspondence please allow some time to hear back.

Thank you so much, I look forward to working for and with you,
-Keegan Gilmore
Last edited by Sheakhan on Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sheakhan

Re: Head of Rules Introduction and Rules Team Application

Post by Sheakhan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:03 am

Rules Team Application Form

Getting to Know You
-Please give your name and how long you have Larped (not just at SA).
-List the other Larps you have played or still play in addition to SA.
-What other staff positions have you held at this Larp or any others?

Rules Team
-What is your reason for interest in this Rules Team position?
-What is your experience with World of Darkness and Shadow Accord/Mortal Tears?
-What is your philosophy on rules (Why are rules important to you, what do you think they should accomplish, etc.)?
-You are tasked with creating a new ruleset for a game. What are your primary concerns and goals in the process? What is your design philosophy when constructing rules?

Errata
-Please list any additional experience you believe is necessary to your ability to fulfill this role.