Rules Call pertaining to Service Animals and Cloak/Umbra

Out of Game discussion for the Shadow Accord community
Sheakhan

Rules Call pertaining to Service Animals and Cloak/Umbra

Post by Sheakhan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:16 pm

I know it is close to game, but I want to make two quick announcements.

First, a rules call pertaining to Service Animals has been made. Please keep this in mind going forward and for those who don't actively use the forums or facebook, if those of you who do could spread the word I would appreciate it!

"As service animals are not player characters, they may not interact with powers in a mechanical sense. However, being that this can create various unusual circumstances with certain powers it is determined that service animals shall behave as a carried in-game item for purposes of determining their state while the player responsible for them is utilizing the Cloak power or while in the Umbra.

What this means is:

While the player is using Cloak or Cloak Gathering, their service animal is considered to be cloaked as anything that player is carrying/wearing.

While the player is in the Umbra, their service animal is considered as much in the umbra as anything that player is carrying/wearing.

Note: To avoid breaking game mechanics and immersion, the following stipulations must be observed in these instances:

1. The player must keep the animal's leash in hand during the duration of the power/umbral presence.

2. The player may not store in-game items on their service animal to circumvent the need for a power allowing them to pick up items from the Realm while in the Umbra.

3. Other players should understand that if the service animal's player drops the leash, or something else occurs to cause them to lose momentary contact with their service animal, the animal's status should be considered unchanged. (They will remain Cloaked/Umbral while the player remedies the situation)"

Second, a reminder that Rules Team Applications close at midnight on the Tuesday following game. Please, please get your applications in so I can put together interviews, assemble the team, and we can get to work on our first project: Incorporating Errata like the above!