A Public Apology for Mistakes Made During this Time of Duress.

Out of Game discussion for the Shadow Accord community
Raynor

A Public Apology for Mistakes Made During this Time of Duress.

Post by Raynor » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:34 am

Dear Shadow Accord Community,

I owe all of you a deep apology as in an effort to help friends in this time of strife and drama within the organization I had a serious lapse of good judgement. And in turn it appears I have made things more difficult for people I did not wish to harm.

I took it upon myself to ask a few Alliance players and staff about Keegan and Lizzie Gilmore's status in that organization. And at some point I chose to wrongly identify myself as a concerned player working on behalf of the XO team. It was a poor choice to make. I have never been on staff or been commissioned by staff to take actions for them.

And in the end all I have done is make an ass of myself and taint what reputation I have within the Organization and have built over the past 11 years as a player. I regret how I represented myself and this community, and the negative impact it is now having for my folly. And for that I am truly sorry.

I believe this is a sign of how large a problem the current community drama is and where tempers can take you if you let them. We all make our worst mistakes when we are angry and feel justified. After all we are only human, and part of that is having some moments ruled by emotion over logic. This is historically the largest amount of drama and infighting I have seen in this Organization. And it angers and saddens me all at the same time. I tried to step away from it earlier this week and failed miserably. All of this because I love this community and want to see it be the best it can be. And I have failed each and every one of you.

I accept that I may no longer be welcome within the community, up to and including being banned for this lapse of good judgement. I am prepared to accept whatever disciplinary action is seen fit to be applied for my transgression.

If there any further questions the staff may have on this specific matter, I will gladly answer them in private.

With my deepest regrets,

James Wade
Meg
Active Character(s): Juliette de Montfort
Gerður Dunbar (Hiatus)

Re: A Public Apology for Mistakes Made During this Time of Duress.

Post by Meg » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:16 am

I love your face.

I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to know about past instances in which staff members have done similar things at previous larps. Especially if you're wanting to make sure that it isn't a pattern of behavior carried from one game to another.

Identifying yourself as staff was a big no-no; but, everyone does stupid things every now and then.

Love your face, brother.
"You prefer to keep me in a box with someone you call Satan. Well, I don't have his mark. If you don't believe I'm of the light, friend, you're in the dark." - Dreamtrybe's Blessed Be

Player of - Gerður Dunbar and Winifred de Laurent
lwgilmore

Re: A Public Apology for Mistakes Made During this Time of Duress.

Post by lwgilmore » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:09 am

I will not speak for Keegan, but I will speak for myself. I do not accept your apology or the way you make light of what you did to me. I do not accept your targeting, no matter what reason you profess it was for. I don't accept your lying, likewise no matter what reason you profess it was for.

I do not accept you continuing to either misrepresent what happened or downplay what you did - I am not certain which it is and I am not assigning motive.

You made me unsafe. You made me unsafe in communities I have been part of for years. You called my character and my reputation into question. Had you asked, I could have easily shown you I have never been accused of rules infractions at any game at any time.

I do not accept that you posted this in the forums rather contacting me or Keegan personally - through here, through facebook, or through email.

And that is the last I would like this talked about until the evidence can be shown after a proper investigation. Please stop it.

Lizzy G.
Head of Wiki