In times before, Fera was a term used to identify all the various breeds of the animal changers. However after the War of Rage, the usage of Fera is commonly used to indicate any shape shifting animal who is not Garou. The Garou have their own assumptions about the Fera, some muddled with time and legend. Like the Garou who are the Warriors of Gaia, each of the Fera have a different purpose. All the surviving Fera have changed because of the War of Rage. Some for the better...some not. The Children of Gaia, Silent Striders, and Red Talons generally have the most cordial relations with the Fera.
Player Character Fera
These Fera are available as Player Characters. Detailed information is found in Dark Ages Werewolf by White Wolf Publishing, Inc.
- Ananasi - Werespiders, Feared Servants of their Queen
- Becoming Ananasi - Player's Guide
- Buzzards - Player's Guide
- Ratkin - Rats, The Cullers of Gaia
- Becoming Ratkin - Player's Guide
Rare or Extinct Fera Tribes
These Fera are not available for play, but the Garou MAY have heard of them by name only.
- Gurahl - Bears, Gaia's Healers (Formerly available as PC)
- Apis - Bulls
- Werebats - Completely killed off in the old world during the War of Rage
- Grondor - Boars
- Mokole - Lizards
- Nagah - Snakes
- Rokea - Sharks
Spirits and the Fera
- Player's Guide to the Changing Breeds
- The Werewolf Players Guide
- Ananasi Breedbook
- Gurahl Breedbook
- Bastet Breedbook
- Ratkin Breedbook